With everything going on, there are many stress factors. So here are some calming and enjoyable crafts you can do at home!
All of the following materials can be bought online!
Perler Bead Designs
You can create designs to your liking by placing the perler beads on a plastic template. Next, iron the design using ironing paper. The beads will melt and weld together from the iron’s heat, creating the finished product!
- Perler beads (come in mixed or organized by color sets)
- Plastic templates (come in different sizes)
- Ironing paper
- An iron
- Masking tape
- When ironing your design, be sure to use the Masking Tape method! Otherwise you’ll melt the plastic template.
- Set the iron to medium heat so you can learn how to melt the beads efficiently first. Also, move the iron in circular motions to distribute the heat evenly throughout the design.
There are countless helpful websites that teach knitting through simple instructions. Sheep and Stitch has plenty of easy, short videos that help with knitting! Here’s the link to the site: https://sheepandstitch.com It’s not as hard as it seems!
- Yarn (varies from texture to thickness)
- Knitting needles (varies with length and material)
With crochet, you can create soft designs using stuffing. There are also plenty of resources online that can teach you.
- Crochet hook
- Polyfiber stuffing
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker (not always required)
Hope you enjoy these crafts!