(Image found on Google Images)
If you’re not interested in Twilight, Vampire Academy, Shiver, World War Z, or the other popular, fun, but sort of cliched vampire/werewolf/zombie books, here are some paranormal books with other types of characters.
1. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent (Soul Screamers series Book 1)
Kaylee Cavanaugh finds out that she is actually a banshee in this fun, quick paranormal mystery.
2. Die For Me by Amy Plum (Die for Me trilogy Book 1)
A girl moves to Paris and finds that her boyfriend is actually an immortal revenant who can come back to life repeatedly.
3. Firelight by Sophie Jordan (Firelight trilogy Book 1)
Three words (or two if you count hyphenated words as one word): human-dragon shapeshifters. Although the dragon hunter plotline is a bit cheesy, the dragon part is pretty cool.
4. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (Anna Dressed in Blood duology Book 1)
A ghost hunter falls in love with a mysterious ghost girl. One of the few paranormal books with a male protagonist, Anna Dressed in Blood has a great voice and is perfect for reading late at night.
5. Born of Illusion by Teri Brown (Born of Illusion trilogy Book 1)
Set in 1920’s New York City, Anna discovers she has psychic powers when performing in her mother’s magic show.
6. The Apothecary by Maile Meloy (The Apothecary trilogy Book 1)
Two children must use a magical alchemical manuscript in order to save the world. Although the characters could have been less stereotypical, the story was somewhat original and enjoyable.
Happy (supernatural) reading!