(Image found on Google Images)
What better to read about than books themselves?
1. Rex Libris: I, Librarian by James Turner (Rex Libris Book 1)
Rex Libris is a librarian-turned-superhero who must control rogue fictional characters in this humorous graphic novel.
2. The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens (Books of Beginning trilogy Book 1)
Kate, Michael, and Emma are orphaned siblings who must travel through caves to find a mysterious book that can control time. The plot is somewhat cliched for a kids’ book, but heartfelt nonetheless.
3. The Books of Magic by Neil Gaiman
Timothy Hunter travels through time and space in this artistic adventure.
4. The Center of the Universe by Anita Liberty
Based on the author’s real-life diary, this book chronicles the high school experience in a hilarious way. It’s a really quick read that’s perfect for summer.
5. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Also based on the author’s childhood, Junior transfers to a school off the Native American reservation on which he lives and faces prejudice while also learning to play basketball. The format is similar to Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but the story is much deeper and more interesting, while still being a funny, quick read.
Happy (bookish) reading!