(Image found on Google Images)
Joining the many vampires and werewolves in YA books these days are faeries. If you want to take a trip to Avalon or an enchanted forest from your living room, check out these five great books.
1. Tithe by Holly Black (Modern Faerie Tales trilogy Book 1)
In this story, Kaye finds out that she is actually a green-skinned, pointy-eared pixie! She then finds out about the unrest in the faerie world and meets a ton of new friends.
2. Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Wings quartet Book 1)
When a blossom starts growing out of Laurel’s back, she discovers that she is a faerie who must protect the gateway to her home world.
3. The Iron Prince by Julie Kagawa (Iron Fey series Book 1)
On her 16th birthday, a girl learns she is a princess from another world, and that the already-in-disagreement Winter and Summer Courts of the faerie world are threatened by the rising Iron Court.
4. Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire (October Daye series Book 1)
Half-faerie, half-human October Daye must return to her private investigator job after spending 40 years in a pond transformed into a koi fish. (Note: This book is in the adult section of the library but has content similar to many teen books.)
5. Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennan (Faerie Wars series Book 1)
A boy meets a small faerie in his backyard and is dragged into a mysterious faerie world full of royal intrigue and demons.
Happy (enchanting) reading!